CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 29 January 2009

4 Weeks..

...Isn't a very long time really.
A month, 28(ish) days, 1/12 of a year...



This past month has been so up and down for me, i really don't know where to begin.
I started a full time job on January 6th. Its cold calling businesses trying to sell a policy that claims not to be insurance but really is. I think i hate it. But theres so many things i love.

HATE

  • Looking at a computer screen all day gives me headaches
  • I get really hungry during the day
  • Starts at nine am, meaning i have to set off at eight thirty which is too early
  • I have to park MILES away and its a good ten minute walk
  • Druggies shout during the day and its distracting
  • I have to be REALLY sneaky going on facebook & bebo
  • Its not a secure job AT ALL
  • Alot of the friends i made got the sack
  • I sit next to an old man which a HUGE gob and its so distracting & hard to hear
  • My boss is scary
  • I had to fake a lead today so i would meet my target
  • You get so much abuse on the phones, when its only my job!

LOVE

  • The people I've met
  • The money
  • Finishing at half four
  • Having a morning and afternoon break
  • Finishing early on fridays so i can pick up Lauren
  • Dressing smart/casual
  • Having my own desk
  • Going on bebo during the day
  • The cottage pie from the restraunt below (when i can afford it!)
  • Bragging about Lauren to new people
  • Talking to people with a geordie, scouse or irish accent!

So it's in the balance between hating and loving.

Talking of loving... Lauren.
Things are going quite well. She loves me, and proves it quite regulary so its all good on that front.

Found out my grandad had cancer. The worst is that me, Rebecca and Megan aren't meant to know. Even though he has four weeks to live we aren't allowed to know?! I think they want us to think he died of natural causes i guess, makes it easier on us. But i heard a voicemail message and heard them shouting at each other today, saying he has four weeks to live and that they hated each other. Not good.

Laurens parents are going through the same thing, at the exact same time... But yet i daren't tell anyone my problems with them because it makes me feel selfish as Laurens having a hard time too. I had a talk with Lauren about it and she seems really scared.

Benidorm in 23 weeks today.
Cool.

3 comments:

Helennn Louise said...

We'll always have Benidorm..

And hey, we worked out how many weeks it was today too :)

LoveYouuuu

It's Just Peach-y said...

Well, I'm sorry things were so bad.

Hopefully everything is better now (hugs David)

Helennn Louise said...

I gave you a blog award (look on my latest entry) and i tagged you - sorry - (look on my latest entry).